Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another wall done etc.






Got a lot done this week.

- On Tuesday Joel and I put up the last piece in the first wall to get a second layer. He had his ukulele with him and he played while I was screwing the piece in. Then we played Super Mario Wii, which I have been playing a ton with Ian. We are also starting Twilight Princes tonight for the 3rd time. I missed it, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish it again.

- On Wednesday I started the outer wall, which is the only 4 piece wall (the other side has the door, which makes it short) and started the the second vertical piece.

Thursday was a build which ended up going badly culminating in a rollback. I was up to 1 am, and then working again at 8:30 am the next day. Nonetheless...

- On Friday I finished the second vertical piece and did the bottom horizontal piece. I worked very late to get this done.

- On Saturday afternoon, I did the top piece which had the window cut out. I deliberated a bit over how to cut the window section. I ended up making a hole so I could trace the window on the back and they scored the crap out of the front using drill holes as guides. It turned out pretty well. Not perfect, but ok. Saturday night I did a vertical section of an adjoining wall.

- Today I did another vertical adjoining section.

This is as far as I can go with the drywalling until John looks at the door rubbing part of the framing. This week I will concentrate on caulking, and Ian's room.

I also planned the layout of the ceiling clips, and ordered them today. I got 30 which is 2 more than I think I need. The total was around $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment