Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Update




Another busy week this week. Jamie got sick on Monday with a stomach flu. I followed the same night. Jamie bounced back but it took me all week to feel better. Another build on Thursday, and I had to finish the derby car as well.

I spent a bunch of time this week on the window framing. I added a board to the top that took lots of cutting to do. Its good now though it turned out nicely.

Saturday nght I spent the entire night cutting and placing the bottom secton of the second wall. For some reason to corner stub was about 1/4 inch too low so I cut a shim from a old bookslelve board that was laying around.

Today my parents kept the kids a little after Mass, and I started on the upper board. I hung it with some of Jamie's help, and tonight I finished the window cutout. I wanted to be done the wall by tonight but all things considered it could be worse.

Next is the last sheet. Jamie and I brought it down tonight and straighened a 2x4 that was a bit bowed. Its going to take some work because it has a cutout for a recepticle, the stupid old gas line pipe, and the new gas line.

We celebrated Ian's birthday with his friends tonight at BK. It was a fun time and the kids seemed to really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment