Saturday, January 30, 2010

1/2 Weekend Update

This week was another busy one. All hands company meeting on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Wednesday was a late night and Thursday was pretty late. Ian got he G.I. bug that Jamie and I had two Mondays ago on Thursday night. I was up all night with him, he had it worse than me. After 12 hours of throwing up everything, I had to take him to the E.R. to get intravenous hydration. Waiting with baited breath to see if Anna or Erin will get it too.

I had the last section of the second wall up on Tuesday, and on Thursday night I worked on the window. I almost finished but I was unhappy with one of the sides, and the bottom was off by quite a bit. I used the pieces that I wasn't happy with as templates for replacements, and the result turned out pretty well. There is some cracking of the drywall, but I can use some tape and compound to fix it, and it will be covered anyway by the second layer.

Tonight I put up two sheets on the 3rd wall. This is as far as I can go on the 1st layer until the doors are installed. John emailed me this week that he might be available this weekend. Hopefully that will work out. Otherwise I will start with the second layer on the back wall.

I realized that 2 of the 2x3s on the last wall are crap. They are bowed inward, so the drywall doesn't lay on them. I will probably fix them this week because I will be waiting on John anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment