Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Layer of ceiling up






Done step one of the ceiling. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The first section with the pipe in the corner was hard, but after that it went pretty quickly.

I guess the most exciting thing that happened was pushing the gas line up a 1/2 with the end of a drywall screw. I was shaking after that, but I call Ray the plumber who moved it into the joists and he said its steel pipe, no chance of going through. Still it was scary. Natural gas isn't explosive either.

- Joel helped me position the last two channels on Tuesday.
- Wednesday I worked on cutting the first sheet
- Friday morning hung the first sheet, at night the second
- Saturday 2 more
- Sunday the last one

Next is caulking the ceiling. I will need to get a sheet of rock to finish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment